Saturday, February 19, 2011

Mashup Experience Seen Through My Eyes

I had a blast making my mashup. At first it was a bit difficult to figure out, but once I got past that hurdle it was a piece of cake. I was able to move images, texts, and a video around to spice things up a bit. Also, being able to choose a topic of interest to me, running, made it very easy to be creative. As I was making my collage I like the feature which allowed me to drag, re-size images, and basically do whatever I want with them much more worthwhile and fun!
The main advantage I experienced with using mashup as compared to a written story is your audience has a visual in front of them. As a result they can use their imagination to fill in the rest of the story themselves. The main disadvantage is being that mashups are mostly visual pieces there isn't necessarily a clear cut, black and white story line.
Finally, Datamasher is a good tool which presents information in a more readable way, not to mention easier. The program as a whole was intriguing to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment